WHERE TO REGISTER
- Elementary students should register at their assigned school.
- Middle and High School should register at the school.
- Students not yet 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian when registering.
- Elementary School assignments in the Yankton School District are made according to the residence of the parent/guardian or the school assigned through an open enrollment request.
- Contact the Superintendent's Office at (605) 665-3998 to determine a student's assigned school or visit the 'District' drop down menu on this website and select the "District & School Boundaries Map" to determine what elementary school to register at.
- If you live in an unassigned area, please contact the Superintendent's Office at (605) 665-3998.
ITEMS NEEDED TO REGISTER
- Birth Certificate: A certified copy of the birth certificate must be presented to the school at the time of enrollment within 30 days. An affadavit issued by the State Department of Health may be presented in lieu of the birth certificate.
- Immunizations: A Certificate of Immunization must be presented prior to admission to the school. Certificate of Immunization forms are available at the school office and at most health care provider offices.
For more information, contact your child(ren's) attendance center or the Superintendent's Office at 665-3998.
The district operates 11 regular school bus routes, and 3 special education bus routes. School bus transportation is provided to students who live outside the Yankton city limits on a home-to-school basis. To request bus transportation, the bus form below should be completed and returned to the business office. For special education students, bus transportation is provided on an identified need basis. Parents of students who require bus service should make arrangements by calling 665-3980.
To find the transportation forms go to the transportation page https://www.ysd.k12.sd.us/apps/pages/Transportation-Busing